About the Seaford UMC 

      
Circa 1900   

1857 The Church was founded.

1859 The Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated at its location on Merrick Road, Atlanticville.

1915 The Church became the Seaford Church
when Atlanticville was renamed Seaford.

1923 The Church was physically moved from
its site on Merrick Road to its present location at the corner of Washington and Waverly Avenues.

1958 Ground broken for new Education Building, under Pastor Garfield Thompson.

1967 Corner stone laid for new sanctuary, under Pastor Craig Haight.

1968
Bishop Lloyd C. Wicke consecrates new facilities.

1970's David Ver Nooy - Pastor.

1977
Pastor, Dr. Richard F. Williamson arrives.

2009 Dr. Richard F. Williamson retires after 32 years

2009 Reverend Dr. Edwin Jones named new Pastor of Seaford United Methodist Church

2013 Reverend Steven M. Knutsen named new Pastor of Seaford United Methodist Church



An aerial view of our church today
- note the upsidedown ark !

Methodism in Seaford:  A Brief Historic Outline

The Seaford United Methodist Church was
founded in 1857 and at the time was
known as the Methodist Episcopal Church,
located on Merrick Road, Atlanticville.

In 1915 the Church became the Seaford Church when Atlanticville was renamed Seaford.
In 1923 the church was physically moved
from its site on Merrick Road
to it's present location.

Circa 1860


Circa 1900 - Looking North onto
Washington Ave.
from Merrick Road